
On October 8, Angie, Angie's boyfriend Al, Chris, and I trekked down to Gustavus to attend both Homecoming and our FIVE YEAR REUNION. We're getting so old... Well, not really, but it sure does seem like a long time since we were in school! The good ol' days...
Anyway, that Saturday was possibly THE most beautiful day of fall, and we had a wonderful time. We started out the day at the Dive, for a Class of 2000 reunion breakfast - mini-bagels and cream cheese! Just like we had during Chapel Break. It was great.
After that, we headed over to the Bookmark, where, needless to say, we all spent a small fortune. I am constantly amazed at the number of people they manage to fit into those teeny aisles!

Next, we climbed into the stands to watch the Gustavus football team crush
Augsburg 42-27. Actually, we watched the first half, and then decided to wander around campus and thoroughly brainwashed Al into undestanding how wonderful Gustavus really is! We took the necessary pictures at the sign, and the Luna Moth Matrix (the sculpture by Paul Granlund that was dedicated in memory of my uncle Doug Sandberg, who died while he was an admissions counselor at Gustavus), 
and introduced Al to all the places that were meaningful to us during our 4-years in St. Peter. OF COURSE, Angie and I had to take some pics in front of Pittman, our home for 2 years. The campus has changed so much in the last 5 years - but all for the better! It's definitely a beautiful campus, and inspires such strong alumni spirit!
I've included some pics on here that Angie has been nice enough to e-mail me from our trip. Because I'm at work, and haven't e-mailed myself the pictures Chris and I took, I'll have to update this later. Stay tuned...
1 comment:
And where is the pic of you two next to the Luna Moth Matrix? Most people don't know the significance of it! :)
Post a Comment