Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Friday, December 09, 2005

NMDP Council Meeting

I work at the National Marrow Donor Program. It's a very cool company (if I do say so myself), and we save a bunch of lives every day by coordinating stem cell transplants for patients with life-threatening diseases. I won't get into too much detail here, but check out our website for more information than you will ever be able to digest.

Every year the NMDP hosts its annual council meeting - at which we bring together our "Network of individuals and organizations who pursue the NMDP mission to 'extend and improve lives through innovative cellular transplant therapies.' At this annual council meeting, the sharing of knowledge and the promotion of new ideas re-energizes the people who recruit donors and collect blood samples, match donors with recipients, research new ideas and treat patients."

On the Friday of the council meeting - there is always an excellent party - food, drink, and fun. And usually, a theme. This year the theme was "The Roaring 20s at Club NMDP." Here's a fun pic of some friends/coworkers and me at the council meeting this year - FUN!

No comments: