Bag of Hot Dog Buns (twice)
Bag of Wraps (for burritos or sandwiches)
Corn Bread Mix (yes, the actual mix, not baked corn bread)
Candy Corn
Pistachios
Catnip (that bag was slimy with kitty saliva!)
Food-full water out of a dinner pan that was soaking in the sink
Yoplait yogurt lids (I've been collecting the pink ones at work, & maybe some people didn't rinse them off appropriately?)
A box of crackers - opened the box, pulled the bag out, ripped open the bag, ate the crackers
Those little connivers actually figured out how to open a cupboard (above the fridge), open a box, pull out some graham crackers, close the cupboard (with the box still in the cupboard), and scatter the half-eaten crackers all over the floor...
Last night we came home from the grocery store. Chris took an old bag of bread (a couple of slices left) out of the fridge to make room for new stuff. Before he could pick the bag off the floor to throw it away, Plato grabbed the whole bag in his mouth and ran across the house with it! I wonder when the ASPCA is going to visit us - we must be starving them!
11/6/05 We accidentally left some crackers in the basement when were snacking & varnishing. Needless to say, you know who got into them!

11/8/05: Well, they're officially opening cupboards now. We came into the kitchen this morning, and found 2 items ripped open on the floor. Both were safely tucked away in the cupboard when we went to bed last night. Those polite little kitties even shut the cupboard doors when they were done rummaging. I will be making a stop at Target this evening to get some child locks...
11/10/2005: Apparently they're too smart for us. Chris and I got home from work yesterday, and there were two bags ripped open on the floor. Those little devils actually figured out how to get the child lock thing off the cabinet and pulled out the food of their choosing. And they're getting so brazen as to not even shut the cupboard behind them! I guess now we'll have to invest in slightly more high-tech child locks...
11/17/2005 - I bought some chicken noodle soup packets at the grocery store yesterday. I think there were 4 packets in a box. Stupid me - I left them sitting on the counter and when I got home from work today, all 4 of them were ripped open. Powdered soup all over the kitchen floor.
11/20/2005 - Chris was emptying the dishwasher and pulled out a tupperware lid. He says to me, I guess this one is trash, and tosses it to me. All around the edge were teeny teath marks and scratches. We are both perplexed as to how/when they attacked this lid, and how we put it in the dishwasher without noticing. Did he (we assume most of these transgressions are Plato) climb in the dishwasher, and chew it up in there? Was the lid attached to the bottom when when he chewed up the lid? Was there food in the tupperware when the lid got chewed? Are we going to find the attached tupperware bottom someday behind a couch or in the basement? It's a mystery...
NEW 12/8/2005 - What's wrong with them? They pulled a bag of tomatoes of the counter, gnawed on all the tomatoes, and actually ate a good portion of two of them.
NEW 12/12/2005 - I got some leftover waffles out of the fridge to take to work - but somehow managed to leave them on the counter and go to work without them. Needless to say, the cats ate them all. Luckily they had no butter or syrup yet!
7 comments:
Those silly fuzzies!! Don't you know they're hungry??
Pistachios???
We have a carbo cat too, so I understand the crackers and such, but nuts???
They're brilliant! Sign them up for MENSA.
The saga continues!?
My neighbor's cat climbs the pantry cupboard to get to "treats." While I was cat-sitting, I did a poor job of locking up, and he got into ceaser croutons and potato chips.
Uncle David has a solution for your problem!!
Aww...we're both babyproofing our houses...
how did the childlocks work?
Post a Comment